winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Fri Jul 4 05:37:35 CDT 2008

Hi Emmanuel, hello Wine developers,

Latest WineQuartz.drv patch is 0.9.58. Is there any change for more
recent release? I tried this patch with 1.0-1 however it has too many
conflicts.
It would be most convenient if you had just update http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/winequartzdrv.git
  to match 1.1.0 somehow and include Quartz.

Since Wine passed 1.0 (woohoo!) maybe someone from the direction can
revise Mac support? Even there're numerous Emmanuel efforts to provide
Mac UI driver instead of X11, it will be always pushed aside, and
sentenced to death, because it is not in official sources.

I know Alexandre Julliard's decision about NOT taking any Objective-C
sources (.m) into the Wine, but maybe this can be revised, anyway
all .m rules will be only present on Mac platforms. Using Objective-C
is only way to make fair support for Mac OS GUI, as those whole GUI
system is objective.
Moreover then what's the point of keeping winex11.drv and all GUI
driver infrastructure in Wine if nothing else but X11 is NOT accepted
into official source?

Forgive me what I say now, but I just it would be more fair if someone
from Codeweavers just said that Wine's official support for Mac OS X
is against their business with CrossOver and this is the real reason
they reject winequartz.drv from Emmanuel Maillard.
Frankly I'd really pay for CrossOver or Wine, if it was what 1.0-1 is
but with native Mac UI, so each wine process has it's own dock icon,
and no X11 is needed and native Mac font system.

Regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki |: nanoant.com :|