Yet another person's list of must-have windows apps

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at
Sat Jul 5 21:21:14 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 10:35 AM, James McKenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at> wrote:
>>> lists his must-have windows apps as
>>> ---snip---
>>> - Ableton Live 7  (Nothing can replace this yet and the latency is too
>>> long under WINE)
>> What does the first program do?
> is a music creation / performance tool.
> shows that a search for ableton live is as popular as a search
> for garage band, and now more popular than cakewalk.  That's pretty popular.
I did look at it.  It is a zero issue for me because a Mac version
exists.  Also, GarageBand comes with MacOSX.  I feel that this would be
better served by asking the originators to create a Linux native version
to solve the timing issues.

James McKenzie