Patch feedback

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Sun Jul 6 14:36:16 CDT 2008

Lei Zhang a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes
> <alex at> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I would really appreciate any feedback as to how these patches can be improved
>> so that they will be accepted into Wine.
>> regedit: Add support for importing Unicode files
>> I know this patch is a little big, but I'm not sure how it could be split up
>> without possible data loss on import.  Is that acceptable?  I could for
>> instance make a first patch that merely reads the file as Uncode then
>> converts each line to multibyte characters.
> Sure. How about:
> 1 patch for the first two utility functions.
> 1 patch for each W version of an existing function.
> 1 or 2 patches to glue it all together.
duplicating a lot of functions for A/W compatibility just shows that the
internals of regedit should be moved to unicode first
then your patch will be relatively straightforward

Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)