New winetricks 20080704: added firefox3, kde verbs (and a whole lot of other stuff)

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Sun Jul 6 23:00:56 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Zachary Goldberg <zgs at> wrote:
> I in no way mean to second guess your work but I checked out the diff
> for the most recent commit for how winetricks handled FF3.  It seems
> all it does is download it and install it, no "tricks".  Do we want
> winetricks to become a generic application installer?  I thoughts its
> main purpose was to perform some non-obvious tricks to get difficult
> things to install.

I suggested it to Dan and added it because winetricks is supposed to
be a developers tool and I needed it for a development project. Just
going to on linux auto detects your platform and of
course I did not want Linux but the windows builds. I thought it might
be a of use if others need win32 firefox for testing, development,

Steven Edwards