Midterm evaluations for summer of code students

RazZziel razielmine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 05:31:11 CDT 2008

I've been cleaning my patches, thanks to the infinite patience of Kai,
and I'm starting to send them right now. However my progress can be
tracked in http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/gsoc_dplay.git

The main problem so far was to adapt my workflow to an style I've
never worked with, and to realize I still have too much to learn :P

My first milestone is mostly accomplished: most tests are done, but
the implementation is less improved than I expected. I only commited
some trivial patches, but at least I started understanding what is
done and what has to be done (which should have been done when writing
my application and schedule, but, well.)
I'm facing some problems understanding the current dplay codebase, but
it's probably I feel overwhelmed all this new COM platform, unknown to
me, and with some effort it's not so complex.

Summing up, I still have to (stop slacking and) study a lot before
doing anything really productive.

Regards
Ismael

--
...yet even then, we ran like the wind, whilst our laughter echoed,
under cerulean skies...