services: when displayname is absent, the keyname should be used when searching by displayname (fixes bug #13958)

Mikołaj Zalewski mikolaj at zalewski.pl
Tue Jul 8 10:54:32 CDT 2008

>You should not change scmdatabase_find_service_by_displayname, it does
>what its name implies. You should fix the callers where necessary.

  The scmdatabase_find_service_by_displayname is currently wrong. It
dereferences a NULL pointer if the registry database contains a service
without a display name. The callers can't do anything about that.
  Both callers expects that if the display name is not explicitly set,
the key name should be used as the display name - it looks like a
general rule (I've just found that QueryServiceConfig also needs such a
feature). Alternatively, code could be added to load_service_config and
CreateService to set lpDisplayName to service->name if the display name
is not present in the registery. However, this would create a
side-effect not present on Windows - this display name would be written
to the registery after e.g. a ChangeServiceConfig.

Mikolaj Zalewski