winedos: Support reading from VGA register 0x3ba

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 16:52:21 CDT 2008

Hi Dan,

> Not *quite* all.  Inquiring minds always want to know what
> app it will help and/or bugzilla entry it will fix.

Fair enough. The bug in question is 2408, for LocoScript (a rather ancient dos text editor). Note that a couple of other people have reported unrelated bugs in that bug due to the similarity of the messages (Unsupported VGA register: 0x...). The patch won't fix LocoScript though, just remove a fixme. There's a bit more detail in my response on Wine patches.

I'm happy to be more verbose in my patch descriptions - I've become terser as a result of not getting any feedback on submissions. I'm happy to see the last crop generated some feedback though; I'll try to be more descriptive in the future.

Hopefully that puts the inquiring minds to rest ;-)

Cheers
Jon