Compile error in wine-1.1.1

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Mon Jul 14 19:29:42 CDT 2008

Am 15.07.2008 um 01:13 schrieb George Dunlap:

> Downloaded wine-1.1.1.tar.bz2, and after unzipping, running configure
> (which included adding some -dev libraries to make it happy) [...]

You need really a lot of packages:

<http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages>

If it still doesn't work, you can seek for the missing bits with:

apt-rdepends -b --state-follow=NotInstalled wine

... and install packages until none but the kernel stuff and virtual
packages are left in the list given by this command. Unfortunately,
an "apt-get build-dep wine" recommended elsewhere didn't work for me.

HTH,
MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/