[1/10] WineD3D: Add extension information to the states

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:13:36 CDT 2008

 > Stefan Dösinger wrote:

This doesn't look bad on the surface, but I have two concerns:

1. Does not scale to more complex support checks. I suspect you'll have
to have to rewrite this as soon as a case comes up that requires more
than a single support check to establish support. A function pointer may
help here.  It would also be interesting to look at similarities and
differences with the ffp pipeline replacement - which is essentially the
same thing on a much larger scale, where multiple states are replaced
rather than a single state. Can these support checks handle the case
where an extension would control replacing a group of states ?

2. Not necessarily relating to this patch, but in general I would be
wary of trying to replace every if check with a pointer. Splitting on
extension support is probably ok.

Ivan