[2/6] winhttp: Allow winhttp to use wininet.h with winhttp.h

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 10:23:52 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> James wrote:
>> I thought the idea was to implement winhttp and then
>> implement wininet on top of winhttp.  Why are you importing wininet?
>
> As of January, Hans was still talking about implementing
> winhttp on top of wininet
> ( http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2008-January/062172.html
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-August/058420.html )
>
> It's not clear one can fully implement either wininet on top
> of winhttp or vice versa.  We will probably need some code
> duplication or private interfaces eventually.
>
> Building winhttp on top of wininet lets us develop on trunk and
> is probably the fastest path to making a bunch of applications
> happy, isn't it?   That's the way I'm leaning, anyway.

Sure, I was just going by the words of those I considered more
experienced than me in this area, and my impression was that wininet
was a subset of the functionality found in winhttp, but it seems
that's not the case.  It would not surprise me at all if the Windows
implementations of these two modules are separate.

--
James Hawkins