[RFC] crypt32: fixed the base64 tests on Vista.

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:00:44 CDT 2008

2008/7/21 Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com>:
> Hi Reece,
>
> thanks for looking into failures on Vista.

No problem.

>> To me, without understanding this in any more detail, it looks as if
>> Vista is broken here (and thus the Vista return parts should be marked
>> as broken()). However, Vista may be doing the right thing, and thus
>> the behaviour in these cases has changed between XP and Vista. The
>> latter seems more likely, but I do not have any experience in this
>> area, nor understand these tests well enough to say one way or the
>> other.
>
> I think you're probably right that Vista's changed.  By definition,
> that makes it "right."  I suspect what it's doing is guessing that
> something is base64-encoded even if it doesn't begin with the
> "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" or whatever header.  It'd be interesting
> to see what format Vista guesses the encoded data was in when the
> encoded data have no header.  I don't have access to a Vista machine
> myself, so it'd be hard for me to fix it.

Thanks for the pointers as to what may be going on.

> Would you mind having a go?  Thanks,

I'll need to take a look at the tests in more detail and the API
documentation (if I can get to the non-WinCE docs on MSDN!) to see
what is really going on and which ones are failing and why. I will dig
deeper into this.

Thanks,
- Reece