one liner patch to stop crash, everquest2.exe

H. Verbeet hverbeet at
Thu Jul 24 01:52:26 CDT 2008

2008/7/24 Andrew Fenn <andrewfenn at>:
> Any suggestion on where to go from here? Does this need more discussion
> elsewhere or should a simple return WINED3DERR_INVALIDCALL do it?
> I'm having trouble understanding where I should be checking for this error
> and returning an the invalid call.
Simply returning WINED3DERR_INVALIDCALL on recursive Resets is
certainly worth a try to see if it fixes the game. It'll involve
switching a d3d window from windowed to fullscreen, and having a
window proc that calls Reset on position changes. There are two things
you want to know there: does your window proc get triggered by Reset
in the first place, and if it does, what does the second reset return.