EverQuest2.exe and context.c

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Jul 24 14:23:53 CDT 2008

Chris Ahrendt wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> Chris Ahrendt wrote:

>>> Actually Vialiy it is a discussion that belongs here... not in bug fix..
>>> I have had that gl error and its not what we are working on... the
>>> problem we are working on was first found in EverQuest2.exe but I was
>>> able to reproduce it without everquest. so its not a game related issue.
>>> Second point.. I was told to bring this sort of discussion over here to
>>> discuss as the patch list is not for general discussion.
>>>

>> I'm talking about bugzilla. What's the bug number you are referring too?
>>

>> Vitaliy.
> There are a couple 14072 is one of them...

Did you noticed that your patch has nothing to do with what you talking
about here? The bug related to this topic is 14000. And please don't mix and
match multiple things.

Reading this thread you talking about:
1. Changing gotos with something
2. Not liking the code
3. PixelFormat.
4. make test failures (not even related to d3d at all)
5. dxdiag crash

This is all on top of broken configuration (did you disable fast tls?) and
known bad drivers and particular bad video card.

Please stay on topic of pixelformat related problem or you won't get
anywhere trying to fix everything at the same time.

For the main topic - you will need to wait for Roderic to chime in on the
reasons behind his code. This area is really fragile and should not be
changed to fix a particular program.

Vitaliy.