[try 4] gdi32/tests: Add tests for GdiGetCodePage.

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 25 11:43:08 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 25.07.2008, 22:50 +0800 schrieb Huang, Zhangrong:
> > ../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M gdi32.dll -T ../../.. -p gdi32_test.exe.so font.c && touch font.ok
> > font.c:850: Test succeeded inside todo block: data index 2: expected font codepage 1252, got 1252
> > font.c:853: Test succeeded inside todo block: data index 2: GdiGetCodePage should have returned 1252, got 1252
[...]
> > make[2]: *** [font.ok] Error 8
>
> Sorry, it's weird, todo_wine doesn't work in "for" block statement?

todo_wine *did* work. But todo_wine does not mean "Wine *might* fail
this, please ignore", but "Wine *is* *known* to fail this, and if it
doesn't fail anymore, please tell me to update my statement about the
quality of wine". It seems like you have written a test that fails or
passes dependent on some external condition (I mean, you did make test
on your machine first before sending in the patch, did you?), for
example the installed fonts. Such a test can not be "fixed" by
introducing a todo_wine into the test program. I don't know how to
express "Wine does an unpredictable thing here, maybe it fails, maybe it
doesn't" in a Wine testcase; this might have the reason that we don't
want Wine to do unpredictable things at all.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher