Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at
Sat Jul 26 12:56:38 CDT 2008

Allan Tong wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:48 AM, H. Verbeet <hverbeet at> wrote:
>> 2008/7/25 Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at>:
>>> So it seems the FBOs are created in one thread used there, then
>>> rebounding in the new thread leads to the crash.
>>> Any ideas how to fix this? Or what to try?
>> AFAIK that's supposed to be legal and work, but it might be worth it
>> to try to trigger the issue in a standalone GL progam.
> Is this an Nvidia card?  Last I checked, starting with the 100.xx
> drivers (on Linux anyway), trying to bind the same FBO on different
> contexts in different threads would cause a crash.  The "recommended"
> workaround seems to be to create separate FBOs for each
> context/thread.

Yes this is Nvidia card. And I think I've seen something about this on the

Also this seems to be related to your bug as well. Where it causes some
rendering problems but not a crash.

So if we need to create an fbo for each thread, does that mean that
everything needs to be rebound to it on the context switch?