Device.c and set render states

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 28 19:18:32 CDT 2008

> Ok I will work on the test case when I get a chance... (I think I can
> do
> this in a vmware session if not it is going to have to wait till I get
> to the house where I have a windows machine).
Actually, you have to be careful with D3D and vmware. D3D is highly driver
dependent, up to the point where we diverge from the reference rasterizer
because games depend on a driver bug. VMware has its own D3D driver, which
fails miserably in Wine tests(last someone checked).

So you can certainly use vmware to write the test, but before using it to
implement the same behavior in Wine or submitting the test, you should
really test with a Windows machine, preferably one that has a GeForce or
Radeon card