Missed patches concerning valgrind-detected issues

Kirill K. Smirnov lich at math.spbu.ru
Tue Jul 29 10:14:43 CDT 2008

В сообщении от 29 июля 2008 Alexandre Julliard написал(a):
> "Kirill K. Smirnov" <lich at math.spbu.ru> writes:
> > Hello, Alexandre,
> >
> > dsound: check error status of waveOutGetVolume() function before using
> > retrieved values (found by valgrind)
> > http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-July/058124.html
>
> You should most likely propagate the errors instead of assuming default
> values.
It seems that it is a bigger problem than I expected (just because OSS works
OK here). Please, ignore this patch.

> > cmd: Do not deceive CompareString() passing more characters then we
> > really have (found by valgrind)
> > http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-July/058504.html
>
> There shouldn't be any need to pass an explicit length here, the code is
> confused.
  Hmm... We are just trying to perform strncmpi() here - so we obligated to
pass an explicit length. Unfortunately there is not such simple function a-la
lstrncmpi() in WinAPI (I've double checked this!)
  I believe strncmpiW() function from winelib is more suitable - but  I'm not
sure that it will not introduce new bugs and any unexpected behaviour
(diacritic weights, etc).

Thanks
--
Kirill