WWN announcements on WineHQ

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jul 30 10:12:13 CDT 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Jeremy Newman wrote:

> Not to mention, for people who subscribe to the RSS feed, it is a great
> way to let them know an Issue has been released.

I'm not using RSS for WineHQ so I just discovered that they are broken.
The behavior I'm expecting is the same as for Slashdot's RSS feed: if I
click on 'Nasa Turns 50' I get to the page for that story.

But if I click on 'Wine Weekly News Issue 348', I get to the top of
Wine's news page (essentially http://www.winehq.org/?news=archive).
There's two issues with that:
 * when the page opens on my laptop the news item about WWN 348 is not
   even visible. So for general news items we should at least link to
   the relevant entry. That means adding anchors as currently there are
   none.
 * for news about WWN issues the link should point straight to the
   issue, rather than to the news about it. The same as clicking on a
   Slashodt story does not point you to the main index but to the story
   itself. That probably means that news items should have a url field
   to specify where the RSS entry should point to.

                      Computers are like airconditioners
                They stop working properly if you open WINDOWS