Time to revert bad commits?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:57:21 CDT 2008

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 08:11:13 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander:
>
>>> The bugs I'm talking about:
>>> Bug 10580
>>>
> Sorry that I did not have time yet to look into that, but instead of ranting
> you could also look at the GLSL docs and make a patch.
I did see a precision patch by Vitaliy fixing this problem, which was
not applied, presumably since there is a better way to fix this.
> Renaming the local
> constants from LC to LVC for vertex and LPC for pixel shaders, and then
> ARB, just read them from program local environment and load the constants
> after compiling the shader.

The patch being reverted seems interesting - it basically undoes a prior
effort to get local constants into the same namespace as global ones due
to relative addressing. I assume this is done for performance reasons,
is this correct ?  I see your patch is special-case disabled in the case
of relative addressing. Do we really want to support multiple constant

Ivan