Compile wine on Red Hat 9

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 03:42:24 CDT 2008

Hello!

Wen Huang wrote:
> I was trying to compile a winehq on Red Hat 9 and I downloaded the
> source 0.9.60 from sourceforge.
Do you really mean Red Hat Linux 9? Or Fedora 9? Red Hat Linux 9 is
really old and unsupported for years now.

> When I tried to compile by
>
> ./configure
> make depend
> make
>
> during the make step, it gave an error

> gcc -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -I/usr/include/
> libxml2   -I/usr/include/libxml2   -D__WINESRC__ -DCOM_NO_WINDOWS_H -
> D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-
> statement -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o cdata.o cdata.c
> cdata.c: In function `domcdata_appendData':
> cdata.c:601: void value not ignored as it ought to be
> make[2]: *** [cdata.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tus/wine-0.9.60/dlls/msxml3'
> make[1]: *** [msxml3] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tus/wine-0.9.60/dlls'
> make: *** [dlls] Error 2
>
> Can anybody kindly offer some help?
It really depends if you use Red Hat Linux 9 or Fedora 9. For RHL9 you
can try to pass --without-xml to configure and see if that makes it
work. But that will make the XML DLLs unusable.

> By the way, is there rpm package for wine I can use on Red Hat 9, I
> tried to use the script on Wine Red Hat wiki to generate a rpm, but it
> failed at the same step...

bye
	michael