Regression in winebrowser found and identified

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Jun 7 06:07:30 CDT 2008

> On Saturday 07 June 2008 10:25:39 Pavel Troller wrote:
>
> > BTW, my system is NOT running in Unicode. Maybe is it related ? I hope it is
> > not yet mandatory. I'm using iso-8859-2 encoding, which works much better
> > in my normal working environment.
>
> If the URL contains characters outside iso-8859-2 that may be the problem, yes.
> Is it fixed when you switch to utf8?

Hi!
  1) The URLs don't contain any special characters. They even don't need 8859-2,
US-ASCII should be enough for them :-).
  2) Switching to utf-8 caused that chinese characters and placeholders
(boxes with hex value of the character) were displayed instead of question
marks, and it didn't work either, of course.

> Please file a bug and attach a +winebrowser trace.

Done. There are two traces, one with default setting and the other with
LC_ALL=cs_CZ.UTF-8.

>  -Hans

With regards, Pavel Troller