Valgrind and COD4

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jun 7 11:00:08 CDT 2008

Rico schrieb:
> I'd like to run valgrind + wine + cod4.
> [But when I run valgrind on my game], I got the preloader problem.

That's a known problem, but it's not a serious one.
[Still, John Reiser is working on a fix for it.]

The real problem in your log is this:

Memcheck: mc_main.c:817 (get_sec_vbits8): Assertion 'n' failed.
Memcheck: get_sec_vbits8: no node for address 0x6032050 (0x6032054)

You're using an old version of Valgrind, and wine is blowing its little mind.
Please switch to building Valgrind out of svn; see
http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine_and_Valgrind

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!
- Dan