kernel/debugger tests and win9x/winme

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 03:58:08 CDT 2008

Hi,

I (once more) had a look at the registry on my win95 box and found :

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

This is because we create that key ourselves if it doesn't exist. "Windows NT"
is of course not present on a (normal) win98/winme box so I was wondering how we
could change this test.

It appears that win9x uses win.ini for the same purpose.

Should we change the test to:

1. check if "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT" exist
2. if it exist do our normal thing
3. if it doesn't use win.ini ?

Or should we check for the "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT" key and if
doesn't exist skip all tests ? (We do have these keys lingering around after our
winetest though).

--
Cheers,

Paul.