Downgrade lack of libxslt from configure warning to notice

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Jun 8 16:57:55 CDT 2008

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On a test system of mine which does not feature too many packages I am
> getting the following:
>
> configure: libsane development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
> configure: libgphoto2 development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
> configure: libldap (OpenLDAP) development files not found, LDAP won't be supported.
> configure: libcapi20 development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.
> configure: WARNING: libxslt development files not found, xslt won't be supported.
>
> Looking that libxslt only seems to be used by msxml3, I am wondering
> whether this really is worth a warning?

No, if anything any missing part should stop configure and exit with error.
And if you force compiling without some feature Wine should be marked
"tainted". So all bug reports and calls for help can be easily filtered and
ignored.

In short NEVER ignore missing dependencies. You never know what windows app
might use and why.

Vitaliy.