Trying to build rc4 for MacOS, having problems with libpng, libjpeg, etc.

Timothy Normand Miller theosib at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:38:44 CDT 2008

Hi.  I'm trying to build rc4 for MacOS (Leopard),
and I'm running into some problems, and I hope I'm not a bother to ask
for some help.

When I do ./configure, I get the following messages:

onfigure: WARNING: libjpeg development files not found, JPEG won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libpng development files not found, PNG won't be supported.

(and several other similar ones)

I know for a fact that these libraries are installed under /sw (via
Fink), along with the include files, but no matter what I do, I can't
get get configure to find them.  Here's how I'm trying to do it so
far:

export LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib
export LIBS="-lpng -ljpeg"
./configure --prefix=/sw --exec-prefix=/sw

What am I missing?

Thanks!

--
Timothy Normand Miller