Trying to build rc4 for MacOS, having problems with libpng, libjpeg, etc.

Timothy Normand Miller theosib at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:09:02 CDT 2008

I've made some progress, with the help of Thomas Kho, but now I'm
having another issue.  Every time I start WINE, it spends about a
minute going through some font stuff, then when the app finally comes
up, there is no text.  Dan says that I'm missing a dependency on the
RENDER extension.  I definitely have the RENDER extension, so what am
I doing wrong this time?

Also, when I do configure, one of the complaints I get is about
missing fontconfig, but Fink reports that I do have fontconfig.
What's going wrong there?

Thanks!