Revert "wined3d: Preload target in ActivateContext() for ORM_BACKBUFFER/ORM_PBUFFER."

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Wed Jun 11 18:31:32 CDT 2008

> Proposal: Revert the commit referenced in bug #11584 before this
> Friday, so it can be tested in rc5.  I think the weight of the
> following is greater than breaking a test (making the test a todo for
> now would be a good idea I think).
The problem is that I added this broken PreLoad line(without understanding
that it was broken) because some game needed it. So its not just the test
that is broken. Reverting it will just trade broken app A against broken app
B.

I have one exam and one excersise done now, and I may have a bit of free
time the next days. Maybe I can find out something more about this problem,
but I can't promise. And if I find the real issue, the fix may be too
invasive for committing.

What I am a bit annoyed about this issue is that many people talked about
how important it is to get this fixed, or talked about reverting patch XYZ,
but nobody tried to find the real issue. Vitaliy did a lot of testing and
experimenting, which was very helpful to understand the bug better, and to
understand what is not a right fix. But all in all I think everybody waited
for one of the main d3d devs to magically fix this.

The bottom line: The next time don't release in June. Many Wine developers,
especially in the game area, are students, and May/June is exam season.