Fwd: [Wine] Wine 1.0 release date to clash with Firefox 3

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:32:31 CDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bamm <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:32 AM
Subject: [Wine]  Wine 1.0 release date to clash with Firefox 3
To: wine-users at winehq.org

According to http://wiki.winehq.org/WineReleasePlan the new release
date for Wine 1.0 is set to June 17.

However the Firefox 3.0 release date is also set to June 17.

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2008/06/11/coming-tuesday-june-17th-firefox-3/

Their release is planned to be high profile and they even plan to set
a Guinness world record for downloads in a single day!

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/05/30/help-firefox-set-a-guinness-world-record/

With this, I fear that the Wine release would be drowned out in the
euphoria and excitement for Firefox 3.

I respectfully suggest, therefore, that we move the Wine 1.0 release
date to another date besides June 17.

This way we can attract more press and attention.

I hope others agree with my observation.

Regards,
Bamm