Time to update Wine's status?

Adam Petaccia adam at tpetaccia.com
Fri Jun 13 00:10:25 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 13:56 -0700, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> > I found it very handy to track down details on mswsock the other day.
> >
> > I suggest if it is to be removed instead dull it down by turning it in
> > to a list of dlls wine has and all available information in the form
> > of links for each dll is listed so that people can speedily find say
> > the msdn page or relevant wiki pages.  That way it would still be a
> > handy resource without being a pain to answer to users why a dll is
> > only 96.23% complete on an out dated page.
>
> Why not just move the whole thing into the wiki then?

I don't really think its wiki material, but could probably be run from a
script for each Wine release. Unless I misunderstand, the numbers are
available from http://source.winehq.org/WineAPI/  (like GdiPlus is 46%
implemented with no documentation, see
http://source.winehq.org/WineAPI/gdiplus.html ). Of course this would
over state our progress as functions that just print a FIXME and return
would be included, but that seems like the more reasonable option.