[legal] eligibility for contributing code to wine for students /graduates of a course derived from the Microsoft WindowsAcadamic Program

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sat Jun 14 07:35:16 CDT 2008

"Mark Farnell" <mark.farnell at gmail.com> wrote:

> If a student is currently taking, or has previously taken a course
> derived from the Microsoft Windows Academic Program
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sharedsource/windowsacademic/default.mspx
>
> which contains the curriculum resource kit, Windows Research Kernel
> (containing Windows XP x64 amd Server 2003 SP1 kernel sources) and
> Project OZ,
>
> will they become *ineligible* to contribute code to the wine
> project in the future?

According to Windows Research Kernel (WRK) description at
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sharedsource/windowsacademic/researchkernelkit.mspx

The WRK includes the source for:
Processes
Threads
LPC
Virtual memory
Scheduler
Object manager
I/O manager
Synchronization
Worker threads
Kernel heap manager
Other core Windows (NTOS) kernel functionality

So, to me it looks like anything outside of ntdll/kernel32/wineserver (excluding user32
backend) has no any relation to WRK.

--
Dmitry.