Development plans

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Jun 18 04:51:23 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

Again, congrats to everybody for the 1.0 release!

Now that I'm starting to recover from the shock of having actually
shipped 1.0, here are a few notes on future development:

1) Code freeze is over, patches are accepted again. If you sent patches
and they didn't get applied during code freeze, please rebase them
against 1.0 and resend them.

2) Development will continue as usual in the git "master" branch. The
1.1.x development releases will be made from that branch every other
Friday.

3) There is now a git "stable" branch, where only important bug fixes
will be committed. The 1.0.x maintenance releases will be made from that
branch whenever enough changes have accumulated to justify a release.

The process I suggest for the 1.0.1 release is as follows:

- all bugs should be fixed in the master branch first
- once a bug fix has been committed to master, the corresponding bug
  report should be marked fixed, with the sha1 of the commit fixing it
- the bug report should then be put into the 1.0.1 milestone.

This will allow me to periodically query for 1.0.1 bugs that are fixed
in master and cherry-pick the corresponding commits into the stable
branch.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org