mapi32: stop crash under win98

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 00:58:09 CDT 2008

Alistair Leslie-Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
>   I just added a check for a null pointer since we deference it.
>
> Changelog:
>     mapi32: stop crash under win98
>
> Best Regards
>  Alistair Leslie-Hughes

+    if(lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA)
+    {
+        ok(lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA[0] == buffer + sizeof(SPropValue) +
sizeof(char*),
+           "wrong lppszA[0] %p\n",lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA[0]);
+        ok(!strcmp(lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA[0], szTestA),
+           "wrong string '%s'\n", lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA[0]);
+    }
+    else
+    {
+        skip("lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA is NULL");
+    }

I'm not sure if skip() is appropriate here as we are not skipping a function
call and we're not skipping subsequent function calls because of this.

If Win98 is plainly wrong, and the test maybe has to be changed, here it should
probably be:

ok(0, "lpResProp->Value.MVszA.lppszA is NULL");

If it's perfectly valid for win98 to return that NULL value is should probably
be a trace() as we still have to overcome the dereferencing.

--
Cheers,

Paul.