Internet Explorer 6 and Wine1-rc5

Leslie Viljoen leslieviljoen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 15:01:10 CDT 2008

Hi people!

I am a bit confused by the appdb entries for Internet Explorer 6
(http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=469). There's a bug
linked in one of the posts that seems to indicated IE does not work
and that's expected.

Is IE6 supposed to work in Wine1 or is it a known not-working program?
Should I submit bugs or add to the huge appdb entry?

The installer just seems to exit with these lines:

fixme:wintrust:CryptCATAdminAcquireContext 0x7e07f02c
{f750e6c3-38ee-11d1-85e5-00c04fc295ee} 0
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATAdminAddCatalog 0xdeadbeef
L"C:\\windows\\msdownld.tmp\\AS0FA1BB.tmp\\mplay2u.CAT" L"mplay2u.CAT"
0
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATAdminReleaseCatalogContext 0xdeadbeef 0x1 0
fixme:wintrust:CryptCATAdminReleaseContext 0xdeadbeef 0
fixme:msxml:DllCanUnloadNow
fixme:advpack:set_ldids Need to support changing paths - default will be used
fixme:advpack:set_ldids Need to support changing paths - default will be used
lesliev at lesliev-laptop:/media/Storage/Software$
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd #0 (2)

I apologise if I am not following procedure by asking this, I am still learning
:-)

Les