Valgrind status: 115 errors left

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jun 20 13:19:00 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
> Do you think it appropriate to say that Valgrind-completeness should be
> a release criteria?  It would be nice if Wine 1.2 didn't ship with any
> Valgrind warnings about anything (leaks included), which would, for
> instance, make it much easier for Windows developers to Valgrind their
> applications.

Sure.  Would have liked to do that for 1.0, but I didn't
get my stuff together in time.  What kicked me into
gear was the nifty new culprit report Valgrind added;
that made it much easier to understand the problem.

I might even go so far as to propose that Alexandre
change his workflow to include a valgrind run right before
each day's git commits, and drop any patches that introduce valgrind
errors.  That way we can stay 100% green continuously.
- Dan