RPC questions

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:13:27 CDT 2008

Hi folks, hey Rob,

I've been wanting to get into Wine RPC development for ages, and now I finally
got myself to start reading through some of the code in dlls/rpcrt4.

Now, after going over rpc_bindings.c, tests/rpc.c and tests/server.c, I've got
a couple of questions about that code.

I'd like to add a test for RpcBindingSetAuthInfo. It seems like server.c is
the place to put it, right?

If I want to use RPC_C_AUTHN_WINNT, I need server side authentication for this
test. Has anyone ever tried that before? I'm assuming I might need to run
Wine as root in order to be able to connect to the winbindd privileged pipe
in order to check the user, need to try that in "plain" ntlm_auth first.

Rob, you said you set up RPC so requests for Negotiate would be thumped to
NTLM. I can't see that in RpcBindingSetAuthInfo. Is that patch in the tree,
or is it too hacky?

Cheers,
Kai

--