RPC questions

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 01:42:53 CDT 2008

2008/6/22 Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com>:
> Hi folks, hey Rob,
>
> I've been wanting to get into Wine RPC development for ages, and now I finally
> got myself to start reading through some of the code in dlls/rpcrt4.
>
> Now, after going over rpc_bindings.c, tests/rpc.c and tests/server.c, I've got
> a couple of questions about that code.
>
> I'd like to add a test for RpcBindingSetAuthInfo. It seems like server.c is
> the place to put it, right?

It depends on what you're trying to test. If you want to test the API
and its effects on a binding then rpc.c is probably the best place. If
you want to test a client and server authenticating to each other then
server.c is the best place.

> If I want to use RPC_C_AUTHN_WINNT, I need server side authentication for this
> test. Has anyone ever tried that before?

That isn't implemented on the RPC side yet (although I added some
preparation patches for it last week).

> I'm assuming I might need to run
> Wine as root in order to be able to connect to the winbindd privileged pipe
> in order to check the user, need to try that in "plain" ntlm_auth first.
>
> Rob, you said you set up RPC so requests for Negotiate would be thumped to
> NTLM. I can't see that in RpcBindingSetAuthInfo. Is that patch in the tree,
> or is it too hacky?

No, that patch is too much of a hack.

--
Rob Shearman