[2/2] gdi32: implementation of CreateFontIndirectEx (fix for13064)(resent)

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 05:23:55 CDT 2008

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Nikolay Sivov" <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> You neither removed the 'if(!plf)' check, nor added a test or an
>>> explanation
>>> for this.
>> Here I don't follow you. If I want to access elfEnumLogfontEx field
>> through pointer,
>> so should I check this pointer first? I thought it's obvious or maybe
>> there're different things
>> we are talking about?
>> Could you explain please..
>
> If Windows doesn't check for plf being NULL and crashes Wine should crash
> as well. If Windows doesn't crash in that case the test for this
> behaviour
> should be added.

Ok, I got it. Windows doesn't crash on NULL, so a test will be added.

Next question is when I'm trying to initialize other fields of
ENUMLOGFONTEXA I see some compiler warnings
about "differ in signedness". It means that already defined ENUMLOGFONT
and ENUMLOGFONTEX
(in wingdi.h) use BYTE as type for elfFullName[LF_FULLFACESIZE] etc.
Could I change it to CHAR to eliminate
this warning? Could it break something?