sound3d patch

Martin martin.marsan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:40:04 CDT 2008

Hi.

I am working on a patch to fix a bug which prevents certain games from
starting. The bug will make wine spit out:

fixme:dsound3d:IDirectSound3DListenerImpl_QueryInterface Unknown IID {31efac30-515c-11d0-a9aa-00aa0061be93} right before it crashes(see bug 12240).

I am working on implementing the ability to return this interface by calling the function that fails(IDirectSound3DListenerImpl_QueryInterface())
with an already acquired (dsound?) interface and IID being IKsPropertySet.
I was able to make a patch which helped me get around this bug in one game, but I don't have very deep knowledge of how wine works internally. Because of that,
I am not sure if I should implement something more to prevent other issues. Also, I don't know if I need to make some changes to make the patch more "correct" or complete.
If somebody could have a look at the patch, or try it out or give me any other feedback, that would be appreciated.

Thanks for any feedback!
Martin