Made ENTER_GL() - LEAVE_GL() free X11 lock on exception inside opengl, code

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 15:59:06 CDT 2008

On Saturday 28 June 2008 01:50:09 pm Massimo Del Fedele wrote:
> Chris Robinson ha scritto:
> > I think the issue is that it shouldn't be crashing. Especially if we
> > don't know why it's crashing,...
>
> well, there are not so many places... it crashes on a glGetString(),
> which accepts a scalar value and returns a static string pointer.
> No dynamic data, no bad pointers outside it.
> So it must be a crash INSIDE opengl code.
> It's called (wrongly) without an opengl context, but that's how autocad
> installer does, so it should NOT crash because of that.

And as was shown, Wine correctly returns NULL when its called without a
context, so there is something else making it crash. It may be a buggy
driver. It may be memory corruption Wine is causing.. who knows.

> but I'm
> still convinced that as it doesn't crash in windows it should not do it
> in wine.

Of course, which is why we should try to find the reason it crashes and fix
it, not hide the crash behind a costly try block.