richedit: Store richedit version rather than boolean bEmulateVersion10 value.

Dylan Smith dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 08:23:20 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Phil Krylov <phil.krylov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course this looks most sane. But I'm asking if you're going to make
> use of the dwEmulatedVersion other than "< 0x200"? That is, under what
> circumstances we should emulate version 2 or 3 when we have support
> for version 5? It's interesting to me, because it seemed to me that
> the native versions (starting with 2.0) are very compatible to each
> other.
>
> -- Ph.

I know that versions 2 and 3 are very compatible with, since they register
the same class and dll name.  Richedit 4.1 however uses msftedit.dll instead,
which means that programs would need to explicitlydecide which version
they are using depending on which dll they load and which class they specify.

Certainly there are differences between richedit 3 and 4.1, but I don't know if
programs would depend on these differences.