DX6 more compatibility.

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 29 08:32:15 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 27.06.2008, 18:24 +0200 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> On a sidenode, I think it is impossible to QueryInterface
> IDirectDrawSurface7 from IDirectDrawSurface < 7, or vice versa, but I am not
> sure.
Nope. You can sucessfully query IDirectDrawSurface{,2,3,4,7} from
IDirectDraw{,2,3,4,7} without problems, at least on DirectX 9. Wine
matches Windows behaviour here.

Windows (DirectX 9) has seperate refcounts for seperate
IDirectDrawSurfaceX, as it also has for IDirectDrawX. Wine does not have
it. This means that we need different vtables for all IDirectDrawSurface
versions, as DDraw does, too.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher