Redesigning the AppDB front page

Chris Ahrendt celticht32 at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 10:03:17 CDT 2008

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes wrote:
> Several users have requested that we make the search functionality easier to
> find and use, and some have also offered suggestions on how to do this.
>
> Would it be a good idea to remove all the Top 10 lists and replace them with a
> few search options?  We currently advise users to not vote for apps that work
> perfectly with Wine, and as such having a Top 10 Platinum list is
> inconsistent with that.
>
> In that search box, the user could search for an app or developer; something
> like
>
> App  [contains / starts with / ends with ] [search field] [submit]
> Developer  [contains / starts with / ends with ] [search field] [submit]
>

> Alexander N. Sørnes

I think that would be more helpful than the lists that are there. If
people want the rank list then have that off a link or something.

I would also if possible add a body search as well.. sometimes people
are looking for a specific thing, not unnecessarily a particular
application just a particular result..