kernel32 & winelib: Don't test string size in CompareStringWfornull terminated strings

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Sun Mar 2 14:53:09 CST 2008

>> Let me ask this way, why Wine don't use standard C library functions
>> for lstringsomething kernel32 implementation? Current GLIBC, OSX LIBC
>> are Unicode libraries since quite long time. Is Wine supposed to work
>> on platforms where wchar_t is unimplemented or differs from unsigned
> WCHAR is not the same as wchar_t.
You're right, it is means the same only in Windows.
I just checked several discussions already done on this subject, now I
know that Windows 16-bit UNICODE isn't compatible with UNIX 32-bit one.
Someone have mentioned in old Wine dev list archives also -fshort-
wchar GCC flag solution, but it seems this makes C library's UNICODE
function not work at all as expected. Nice to learn something new.

> Wrong, it compiles and works (for winelib) on SUN.
Good to know.

Cheers,
--
Adam Strzelecki |: nanoant.com :|