winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sun Mar 2 21:45:48 CST 2008

"Steven Edwards" <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov
> <dmitry at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>>  "Neat" is what sense? It's not clear what additional functionality they provide,
>>  what's the status of quartz.drv in their sources, and why they don't send patches
>>  to WineHQ. Besides that sites claims that "Darwine and wine are released under
>>  the gpl", that's plain wrong.
>>
>>  Could you please remove the "Reply-To:" header when posting to Wine lists?
>
> Dude chill with the hostility.

I have no idea why you're treating asking the questions as a "hostility".
This is the developers list, not the list for user complaints. Sending
the patches is a usual activity here, not vague reasoning.

> Winehq currently provides no
> functionality for Mac users...see here
>
> http://www.winehq.org/site/download
>
> No one is currently offering officially blessed Winehq builds whenever
> Alexandre tags a release.

Feel free to provide/suggest one.

> There is no need in anyone to send patches
> to Winehq for code that we know Julliard is going to reject. He stated
> it to us during the Mac discussion at Wineconf in Redding that he
> viewed Darwine as a separate project and should do its only bundling.
> Basically anything done in Objective C he does not want in the tree
> which includes half of the current winequartzdrv, the Darwine launcher
> and Doc code and just about everything else.
>
> If you want to review a patch, look at the patch for 0.9.48
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=69890&atid=526089
>
> And help further abstract user32/x11drv like has been done for Window
> creation and Window positioning.

Aren't you supposed to work on that according to http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/QuartzDriver?

Looks like you overreacted, http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/ has nothing
to do with darwine except using its name.

--
Dmitry.