Building dlls/oleaut32/tests/olepicture.c under Cygwin?
dank at kegel.com
Mon Mar 3 10:09:44 CST 2008
I tried building dlls/oleaut32/tests/olepicture.c
on Windows using cygwin, but ran into a couple small problems.
The main problem is:
undefined reference to `_IPictureDisp_Invoke'
That sounds fishy - is that test using a wine-specific shortcut?
If so, what's the kosher windows way to do what it's doing?
Here's the procedure I followed:
1. Download and run the installer from http://cygwin.com
Use it to install gcc and git
2. Open a cygwin window
3. Grab a copy of the Wine sources using git as normal
4. cd wine/dlls/oleaut32/tests
5. to avoid conflicts between the win32 headers from wine and from cygwin,
just use the cygwin ones. But we do have to copy one header from wine:
mkdir -p include/wine
cp ../../../include/wine/test.h include/wine
6. Try compiling and linking with
$ gcc -DSTANDALONE -Iinclude olepicture.c -mwindows -loleaut32 -lole32 -luuid
This fails with all sorts of errors about LOGFONTA.
That's because the include lines in olepicture.c are in the wrong order!
Edit olepicture.c and change the lines
7. Try compiling again. Now you fail with a handful of errors like
ndefined reference to `_IPictureDisp_Invoke'
Seems like a portability problem in tests/olepicture.c.
More information about the wine-devel