(resend) msi: Fix bug in handling of multivolume CAB files.

Ove Kaaven ovek at transgaming.com
Wed Mar 5 21:15:55 CST 2008

James Hawkins skrev:
> The tests that now pass with native cabinet dll are test_continuouscab
> (which is similar to what you're trying to test).  The point of
> maxsize is so that it creates continuous cabs...there's no other way
> to do it, and builtin doesn't create continuous cabs at all.

No? Then I really wonder what those hundreds of .cab files it creates
from that 50k testfile is, if not continuous cabs. What else are they?

> The
> answer to your question is no, because there is no test currently that
> runs down the code path you are fixing.

Looks like it takes an order of magnitude more time writing test cases
for this stuff than actually fixing that darn bug (fixing the bug took 2
hours, figuring out how to put a working test case together (trying to
take differences between native and builtin cabinet into account) has
taken me all day, probably longer).

Here's what I managed to put together that seems to trigger the problem
condition... the cab extraction sequence was somehow different in my
real-world case, so I had to fudge this testcase a little by packing a
third file into the continuous cab. So what do you think about this
test, then?