Processes and ioctl's

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 23:05:04 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I am hitting a snag with moving ioctl handling into mount manager. I
got the ioctl's working and itunes fairly satisfied, but now I'm
hitting another problem: The mount manager is not in the same process
any more as the application. This is an issue because one of the
ioctl's is passing a pointer in the struct itself, which gives a messy
situation if it doesn't run in the current application any more.

A workaround would be to use ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory,
then fudge the wineserver ioctl request to somehow pass a handle of
the calling process around so I can use that. This looks like it is
not a clean solution. Does anyone know how to do it cleanly?

Cheers,
Maarten.