Wine booth/BOF and Linuxworld San Francisco, Aug 2008?

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 02:37:48 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 03:14:13 Dan Kegel wrote:
> Wine has come a long way, and will have just had its 1.0
> release (knock on wood).  So perhaps this is a good year
> to have a .org booth.  What do folks think?

We used to have a Wine booth at LinuxTag in Germany for many years. I know
2007 didn't work out because neither Uwe Bonnes nor the itomic folks could
make it. Still, those folks might be able to say something about how busy the
Wine booth usually was.

Also, in my experience you need at least three people to man an expo booth.

I think a booth at Linuxworld would be nice publicity for Wine 1.0, but only
if we can get our act together and have a sufficient number of people around
to demo apps and answer questions.

Cheers,
Kai

--