improve winetricks dotnet 1.1

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 04:53:30 CDT 2008

James Hawkins wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> Louis wrote:
>>  > Hi, i wonder if it would be possible to improve
>>  > winetricks dotnet 1.1, so that it's actually able to run
>>  >.net-1.1 applications. Currently it only installs the framework,
>>  > but due to bugs the apps don't run.   Atm i use pretty worthless
>>  > script below to get them running..
>>
>>  I'm kind of hoping James implements the missing bits in msi
>>  soon.  James, think that will happen soon enough that
>>  there's no need to update winetricks?
>>

> Just sent in the service patch.  If you're referring to anything else,
> I'm not sure what it is.  MsiPublishAssemblies won't see the light of
> day for a long, long time, because it requires fusion.dll being
> implemented.
Implementing fusion.dll sounds like a GSoC project to me (no clue how
much work that is). At least getting the basic structure in place should
be doable.

bye
	michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc                           Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer          Fax.: +49-711-96437-111