Vista and SHFileOperation tests for shell32

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:52:31 CDT 2008

Hi,

I was trying to fix the issues with the user32/listbox tests when I found that
we have a lot of leftover files from the shell32/shlfileop test.

This happens because I get about a gazillion dialogs asking me what to do during
the shlfileop tests and I usually tend to click Cancel or Skip.

The first test that fails for me is where we delete the directory before the
file in that directory. This silently succeeds on everything before Vista but
fails on Vista and W2K8.

Adding any of the silencing flags doesn't make a difference on Vista but make it
fail on all the other Windows versions.

What road should I take for this:

a) Add some delete_all_possible_leftover_files_and_directories function at the
end of shlfileop.c ?
b) Start making a distinction between Vista/W2K8 and pre-Vista ?
c) ????

The first one obviously doesn't fix the test failures.

--
Cheers,

Paul.